Creating a custom email template is simple to do. If you have image editing software on your computer and a Constant Contact account, you can customize an existing email template to match your website and existing brand.
This post will provide step-by-step instructions for customizing an email template using Buffalo Hills Bison as a sample.
1. Log into your Constant Contact account and select the Emails tab, then click Create.
2. Enter a name for your email. I called mine CUSTOMIZED TEMPLATE.
3. Start by choosing an existing template that has a layout that will work with your content. I used the “Green Promotion” template, which is located in the Promotions category. It has a simple single-column text area, a header and footer image that can be changed and an optional coupon block. Once you’ve selected a template, click Next.
4. Enter a subject line for your email and click Next. This will bring you to the Email Layout screen, where you can begin customizing your email.
Customizing the header and footer images
2. Right-click on the image, then select Change from the list of options.
3. A new window will open that allows you to replace the existing header with your own email header image. The existing header image is 600 pixels wide; your new image should also be 600 pixels wide if you want to keep the alignment consistent (but you can make the image height taller or shorter if you need to). You can link to an image on a website, or upload a file from your computer using the “Insert from Image Library” tab. When you’re finished, click Insert Image.
4. Use the same method to edit the Footer Image Block.
5. At this time, you can delete any blocks that you’re not using; for example, I included the company logo in the header image, so I deleted the Company Logo Block from the top of the email. If you change your mind later, you can always add it again by clicking Add Blocks in the left column menu.
Editing the colors & fonts in your email
The colors and styles for your email can all be edited from the menu on the left side of your screen. Click Global Colors & Fonts to expand and contract the menu.
Once you’re finished customizing the colors and fonts in your email, you’re ready to add content and send the email!
- Step by step instructions: Importing your contact list into Constant Contact
- How do I buy an email list?
- Vision Design Group email marketing services
- FREE 60-day trial with Constant Contact